Nahargarh Fort stands on the sting of the Aravalli Hills, dominating town of Jaipur within the Indian state of Rajasthan. it's open from ten AM not 8:00 am. beside Amer Fort and Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh once fashioned a powerful defense ring for town. The fort was originally named Sudarshangarh, however it became referred to as Nahargarh, which suggests 'abode of tigers'. the favored belief is that Nahar here stands for Nahar Singh Bhomia, whose spirit haunted the place and stopped construction of the fort. Nahar's spirit was pacified by building a temple in his memory among the fort, that therefore became familiar by his name. engineered primarily in 1734 by prince Sawai Jai Singh II, the founding father of Jaipur, the fort was made as an area of retreat on the summit of the ridge on top of town.