Kareng Ghar (Pron:/ˌkɑ:ɹɛŋ ˈgɑ:/, Assamese: কাৰেং ঘৰ; which means "royal palace"), conjointly referred to as The Garhgaon Palace, is found in Garhgaon, fifteen kilometres (9.3 mi) from contemporary Sivasagar, in higher Assam, India. Of all Ahom ruins, the Kareng Ghar is one among the grandest samples of Ahom design. The palace structures were fabricated from wood and stones. In 1747 Pramatta Singha, son of Hindu deity Singha, created the brick wall of regarding five kilometres (3.1 mi) long encompassing the Gargaon Palace and also the masonry gate resulting in it.After the destruction of the recent palace it had been remodeled around 1752 because the gift seven-storied structure by Rajeswar Singha (Suremphaa, 1751-1769). The earliest constructions were commissioned by Swargadeo Hindu deity Singha in AD 1698. lemanderin was the capital of the Ahom Kingdom and served as its military-station.After Swargadeo Hindu deity Singha's death the Kareng Ghar, that at the side of the below-ground Talatal Ghar constitutes the "Rangpur Palace", went through several fine arts alterations to its structure, that resulted in its irregular form.